Monday, April 18, 2011

"The Lazy Song"

Today I don't feel like doing anything,
I just want to lay in my bed,

Don't feel like picking up my phone,

So leave a message at the tone,
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything...

"The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars

Not gonna lie, this song has been the theme song to my life for the past week. When I decided to major in social work and minor in Spanish, I chose them because the subject matter interested me. I did NOT anticipate, however, that almost my entire grade for both departments would be based on writing papers and NOT taking tests. There are some obvious perks to this line of school--for people such as myself who don't often do so well on standardized tests, I can usually argue my way throughout a paper and I will still manage to receive a decent grade in both the project itself and the class as a whole. What I somehow always manage to forget is the amount of freaking time each of these papers will take me to do. Example: I have a 5-page paper due in my Spanish class tomorrow (over a book that I haven't quite finished, but that's besides the point). When I return from Easter, I have a 10-page paper due for my social justice class. So much for a school-free break. Then, exactly one week after that due date, I have another 12-15 page paper and project due in my macro social work class. For those of you keeping track, that is a whopping 27-30 pages of writing that will by completed by yours truly in the next 14 days. So when I say that "today I don't feel like doing anything," I feel like I have some justification for my feelings. Today I really don't want to write anything, but alas, I know that I have to. And if I seem a little stress-ed in the next two weeks, forgive me please. I'll be back to my old self soon enough.

My mantra for the next two weeks, and a slight nod to the upcoming nuptials of the century...

1 comment:

  1. I like that on a day you don't want to write anything, you found the time to write in your blog :)

    Good luck on the papers, you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete