Saturday, May 7, 2011

GO TIGERS!

**disclaimer: some of you may think that what I am about to say is not that exciting. And I totally appreciate that. But in the end, this is my blog. So I get to write about what I want :)

OK, SO...the big news that I am sharing with you all, as the newest Sigma Kappa alumnae of the Kappa Theta chapter is....



Sigma Kappa has been invited to re-colonize our Epsilon Mu chapter at the University of Missouri!!!!!

This seriously is INCREDIBLE news! Truth be told, I get real excited when we colonize anywhere. It is always exciting to watch my sorority grow. However, getting the opportunity to re-start a chapter at a major state school is a) not something that comes along all the time, and b) really, really exciting to watch.

You may all be wondering why in the world I am so excited when I don't really know anyone at Mizzou, and I will be leaving the state of Missouri in exactly two weeks. Epsilon Mu has become very near and dear to my heart because two of our advisers, one of which is our collegiate province officer (that's Sigma Kappa speak for the link between our advisory board and the national organization) are members of Epsilon Mu. So when they push us to do more, to work harder, and to go further, I know it's because they don't want us to go through the experience of having our chapter close. Colonization won't happen until fall 2012 (more SK speak meaning that the first formal recruitment we participate in won't be for over a year) but it still makes me happy. I am happy for the organization, but I am really happy for my friends who are getting their chapter back. They deserve it, beyond what I can say or describe.

Yesterday was a WONDERFUL day, and the way things are looking it should shape up to be a FABULOUS weekend: we had initiation this morning, I will be heading to church tonight and then over to a party at one of my dear friend's apartments. Sunday I will be enjoying probably my last professional baseball game for a long time. Then I will go to mass tomorrow night. At some point, I may study. With two weeks left to go, I am living and loving every second I have on this campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment